Wimpy Kid “Greetings From Wherever You Are” Postcard Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Contest Start Date: 5/1/2014
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not a legal resident of the United States.
1.) How to Enter: Design a postcard from the Wimpy Kid Greetings From Wherever You Are postcard book or design your own postcard and mail it Galison/Mudpuppy.
(i) Visit www.mudpuppy.com/wimpykid to read Official Rules
(ii) Design a postcard from the Wimpy Kid Greetings from Wherever You Are postcard book or other postcard. No purchase necessary. Entries may be received on plain white paper mailed in an envelope or on a plain white postcard.
(iii) Entrant must include an email address on the postcard the winner can be contacted. Email address must not be part of your creative submission – email address will be removed from display on social media, if chosen as a finalist.
(iv) Mail postcard to:
Mudpuppy Wimpy Kid Postcard Contest
28 West 44th Street
NY NY 10036
Do not include your name or any additional personal information on the postcard. Sponsor will retain your email address solely for the purpose of notifying the Winner. Following notification, Sponsor will delete all entrants’ email addresses. By entering, you agree that you have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Contest and that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these Official Rules on your behalf. All entry information shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Submissions" or each as a "Submission." Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum entry criteria.
All entrants must have a valid email address. Limit one (1) entry per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only mailed postcards or paper entries noted above are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. EndDate. Contest ends 8/15/14 at 11:59PM EST. All postcards must be received by this date.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who are ages 6-16 as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Galison/Mudpuppy and Harry N. Abrams, Inc. ("Sponsor") and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Judging/Odds. One (1) Winner will be selected by Mudpuppy (Galison Publishing, LLC) and Harry N. Abrams, Inc., based on overall creativity of the postcard submission on or around August 31, 2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. By entering the Contest, entrants (and their parents and/or legal guardians) fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Prizes. One (1) Winner will receive a phone call from Jeff Kinney (to the telephone number specified by the parent or legal guardian in the reply email to the winner notification email; reply email must be received within in 5 days to win.) Total ARV of call: $500. Winner will also a Funko Wimpy Kid figurine (total ARV $25.99), Faber Castell “Young Artists Essentials colored pencil set (total ARV $49.99), and Mudpuppy complete Wimpy Kid stationery gift set (total ARV $29.99). Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemption. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Total prize value: $605.97.
6. Notification. Winner will be notified by email and winner and/or his/her parents or legal guardians may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of prize notification. If winner is under age 13, via such notification, Sponsor shall request the email address of the parent or legal guardian of the winner. Sponsor shall then contact winner’s parent or legal guardian for all information required to finalize awarding of winner’s Prize. After such initial notification of winner, Sponsor shall delete the email address of any winner under age 13. Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by winner’s parent or legal guardian. If any winner, or, the parents of any winner under the age of 13, cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the first runner-up. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes winner's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, postcard submission image, and biographical information submission and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner and the parents/legal guardians’ of such entrants or winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no other means of entry is permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for U.S. Postal Service delivery, technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, or failed delivery of postcard to Mudpuppy address which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Name of Winner. To receive the name of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 30, 2014 to: Mudpuppy Marketing, Wimpy Kid Postcard Contest, 28 West 44th Street 14th Floor, NY NY 10036.
11. Sponsor. Galison/Mudpuppy
www.galison.com 28 West 44th Street 14th Floor, NY NY 10036.